Robots….Cool or Creepy

robot-312566_1280Robots are helping people in many ways, yet people think robots are creepy!  According to the article “Robots On The Job” robots are assisting  surgeons, and people think that is creepy! What do you think? I think robots are cool.

Robots are taking jobs which is very helpful. Let me tell you why,if robots take over job then people get more family time. People ask if robots take over jobs how will we get money well robots are actually creating more jobs because people need to train and program the robots. Less humans will get hurt because robots are mostly doing dangerous task that humans can’t do.

Robots assist people in many ways according to the article “Robots On The Job”  at the Aloft Hotel in Cupertino, California all you have to do is call the front desk  for some towels and instead of the person at the front desk bringing you towel a robot with a touch pad face will come with your towels. If you think that’s cool wait till you hear that a robot is a security guard for Microsoft offices. If you don’t know Microsoft is the largest software company in the world.They scan the areas for any suspicious activity, and if they see anything wrong they their built in siren goes off to alert human security guards.

If you are still not convinced that robots are cool well then did you know that robots are also very good salespersons? According to the article “ Robots on the job ” Pepper,, a robot has started a new job selling coffee makers in a store in japan. Pepper chatted with customers and help them choose the right machine. This robot can have a real conversation just like a human! He can also interact with all the other Peppers because they are all connected to an internet network.

So after reading about how robots help surgeons, are security guards, and help by doing jobs for humans do you think robots are cool or do you think they are creepy?

2 thoughts on “Robots….Cool or Creepy

• March 17, 2015 at 9:31 am
    Permalink

Dear Nelly,

I definitely think robots are cool. What kind of robot would you want to buy, if you were to buy one?

Bill

Reply
    • March 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm
      Permalink

Dear Bill,

I am not sure what kind of robot I would buy. I don’t think I even have enough money to buy a robot! They probably cost a lot of money.

Nelly

Reply